Thursday, October 01, 2009

my little veganmofo tradition




Happy October, everyone- VeganMoFo III is upon us! It's so thrilling to be part of such a large group of bloggers participating in this yearly event. For the last 2 years, I have had a tradition of kicking off MoFo with a post dedicated to my favorite hot and comforting beverage- well, mine and a few billion others' ... tea! (Click here to see the 2007 and 2008 posts.)

I love any kind of tea (actually, I don't love that many herbal teas, but give me black, green, white, red...) any time of day. But I have to admit, a hot cuppa kicks some seriously special ass on a cold, wet day.

Which is where I found myself late last October, in the town of Bath, England...



clouds and rain? check. umbrella? check. wellies? check. all that was missing was... you guessed it...
Daiku and I ducked into a coffee shop, where I was pleasantly surprised that they had soy milk. Yay for random vegan finds in random cafés in random cities! So without further ado...




Share/Save/Bookmark

18 comments:

Theresa said...

Yum, yum yum. When I was in Manchester I went into a cafe and asked for a chai. The woman behind the counter looked at me like I was crazy and asked what chai is... so I just got tea with soy milk instead. It was so good anyways!

Jen Treehugger said...

*goes to pop kettle on*
Black tea with creamy Soya Milk is my ALL time favourite.
Happy Mofo'ing.
:)

Mihl said...

For me October is not only Vegan MoFo, it's definitely the month when my tea addiction is back in full force. Beautiful pictures.

The Voracious Vegan said...

Yay veganmofo! Lovely photos. :-)

Michelle said...

Mmm tea is the best! Happy VeganMoFo!

nora said...

if you are still in bath, PLEASE go to demuth's vegetarian! one of the best meals i ever had! my mom agrees :)

nora said...

the jane austen museum's there too! :)

Ashley Gibson said...

I love that your first Vegan MoFo post is always about tea. The Bath photo is lovely and no better place to enjoy a nice cuppa.

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

I need a cuppa!

dijkstrasshortestpath said...

Even as a coffee-drinker/only-occasional-tea-drinker I have to admit that is a pretty sweet action soymilk series...

Tami said...

I remember your tea posts. What a cool way to start.. makes me feel like sipping a cup and reading loads of mofo blogs.

DJ said...

I am English, so therefore my love of tea is genetic. So much so, that whatever my beloved says to rouse me on a Saturday morning, my first utterance is always the same : 'Milk n' two please.'

Amey said...

bazu! what a cutie pie you are... in your little cap, with your beautiful rainboots... lovely! :)

i'll just ignore those pictures of black tea.

Trinity (of haiku tofu) said...

mmm a cuppa. i lived in England for a year in college, and I learned that a cup of tea truly does solve every problem.

Bex said...

yay for tradition and soy milk!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

I wish it would get cold and wet here because that really is perfect tea weather. Man, I am fiending for some Celtic breakfast tea now!

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

We're both always on the road in October, aren't we?!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.