Tuesday, October 13, 2009

joe-joe cuppos






If you are lucky enough to live by a Trader Joe's, you might be familiar with this seasonal treat: peppermint candy cane Joe Joes. These are rich chocolate cookies with a creamy minty filling that is chock full of crushed candy canes. An awesome winter treat. Like some other vegans I know, I stockpile these limited-time treats every year. Then, in the summer, I can make the cupcakes you see above- chocolate mint cuppers, mint buttercream frosting, and a piece of cookie on top! I loved this spin on the cookies 'n cream cupcakes, and so did my friend for whose birthday I baked them. Mmmm.


Share/Save/Bookmark

8 comments:

Catherine Weber said...

WOW. I love chocolate mint. And cookies and cream. Together??? HEAVEN!!

Trinity (of haiku tofu) said...

those cupcakes look so super yum! i wish we had a Trader Joe's in my town. maybe when I head to Austin I can pick some of these up!

vegan.in.brighton said...

Oooh pretty!

Anonymous said...

Oooh! Mmmm!

Crystal said...

Super cute! Maybe this year I'll actually try these peppermint jo-jo's.

Unilove said...

That is a perfect cupcake pic and it looks amazingly good.

trina said...

You had me all excited. I thought it was candy cane jo jo time. Pfft planning ahead. Your cupcakes are lovely - lucky birthday girl!

Brittany Boersma said...

gimme gimme gimme:D