Sunday, October 18, 2009

some favorite simple treats, courtesy of daiku




these are some of my favorite things to eat, simple vegan foods that bring comfort and happiness. some of that happiness can be attributed to the fact that I associate them with my life with daiku- we've been together for a long time, and share so many food adventures and memories. without him, I would not be the unabashed fan I am of cumin, chipotle, or...



...pretzels with plenty of mustard and some beer to wash it all down with,



...delicious focaccia with tons and tons of fresh rosemary,



...beans and greens in all forms,



...german chocolate cake (here in mini-birthday-cupcake form).

what are some of your favorite foods that you sampled thanks to the influence of others?


Share/Save/Bookmark

9 comments:

Desdemona said...

Aaawwww! <3

No More Sad Geraniums said...

mmmm love the pretzel with mustard and beer!

Thanks to one of my friends, I discovered rutabaga last night...I'll blame it on her being very Swedish

Theresa said...

That cupcake is adorable, and the pretzel looks so great smothered in all of that mustard. Hands down the favourite food that I owe to Andy is vegemite.

Catherine Weber said...

My boyfriend got me into sushi -- thank goodness! He's also "forced" me to fall in love with spicy food, especially curries. Yum!

sophia said...

i never ate pesto before max and i got together! it sounds so ridiculous because pesto is one of the best things in the world. another reason to <3 him.

Luciana said...

I really appreciate being with someone who has an adventurous palate, even if that did mean sharing my tofu curry with him before he went vegan.

I can't think of any specific food, but I definitely appreciate that he knows all about local restaurants!

Eco Mama said...

Why oh why did I come here on an empty stomach!? The pretzel-mustard-beer combo looks ridiculously good right now!
xo
Eco Mama

The Voracious Vegan said...

Delicious! Pretzels and mustard, and beans and greens - perfect!

I don't usually get influenced by other people to eat food, I've always been a really adventurous eater so I'm the one to influence other people!

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

I'll take that pretzel, please!