Wednesday, October 14, 2009

pizzzzza




making pizza at home is really nice. but sometimes, it's just as nice to be able to go out for pizza. when you are vegan, that is not always possible, but recently, it's becoming more and more doable all across the country. restaurants, delivery places, and chains are now offering not just the "veggies, no cheese" option that we know and love so well, but all kinds of pizzas made with vegan cheeses such as Teese, Daiya, Cheezly, etc.



here in Syracuse, we have a few vegan pizza options (including The Italian Chef, Dorian's, and Papa John's). one place with a huge and varied menu of vegan pizzas is Strong Hearts Cafe. check out the menu!



Here is the Mediterranean, with Teeze mozarella, kalamata olives, artichoke hearts, spinach, garlic, and a zesty tomato sauce. For a lover of thick, bready crusts such as myself, this is pizza heaven. With so many options, you're sure to find the pizza of your dreams- just make sure it's Friday, the only night that Strong Hearts currently does pizza!

Strong Hearts Cafe
719 E Genesee Street
Syracuse, NY 13210


Share/Save/Bookmark

9 comments:

No More Sad Geraniums said...

mmm that looks tasty. I guess this means that I should be visiting you soon so that I can have vegan pizza in addition to the good company?

madeinalaska said...

so jelous! our only order out vegan pizza option is cheesless! we do have one place that makes a gosh darn good cheeseless pizza here in juneau ak! other then that we make oddles of homemade pizza w/ follow your heart cheese!

chow vegan said...

Wow, those pizzas look amazing! I'm jealous too. I can get a great cheese-less pizza no problem but I can't find a vegan cheese one anywhere nearby.

Trinity (of haiku tofu) said...

Yum, I have never had teese but it looks so good on that pizza. What's your favorite vegan cheese?

Amanda said...

I've only been to Strong Hearts once but loved it..and unfortunately did not get the pizza! We have a new vegan pizzeria that just opened last week in Boston..can't wait to try it. I didn't know that Papa John's had a vegan pizza..good to know!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

That looks so awesome!

The Vegan Snorkeler said...

I've also noticed that there are more vegan pizza options in my travels. I love having the option of ordering vegan cheese. I'll definitely check out Strong Hearts if I'm ever in the Syracuse area.

Eco Mama said...

Uh-oh. You had me with the beer and pretzels but then I had to scroll down... Magnificent on the pizza!
xo
Eco Mama

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

That's a good lookin' pizza!