Monday, November 27, 2006

100-mile Thanksgiving Contest, pt. 2

Hi Everybody,

I am tickled pink to announce that I have won the TreeHugger.com 100-mile Thanksgiving contest. (You can read more about the contest here). The details are on this page: http://www.treehugger.com/files/2006/11/treehugger_100m_11.php

First of all, I want to THANK YOU, fellow bloggers for the incredible support and encouragement that you gave! I feel really proud that we live in a time when it's possible for a vegan (!!) Thanksgiving menu to get votes, and you play a big part of that. I also want to thank my friends and family (shout-out to cousin Mel!) and everyone else that took time out of their holiday to go to the site, vote, and pass the word on.

Finally, I want to thank all my fellow contest finalists (Robin, thank you also for your comment below!) who showed that a commitment to the environment and sustainability can have some delicious results.

P.S. I will keep everyone updated on the prize... as soon as I work out the details. ;-)



Share/Save/Bookmark

13 comments:

Kati said...

Congratulations! I'm glad I saw your previous post in time to vote so I could help be a part of the vegan Thanksgiving victory! This was such a cool contest - I just hope you can work something out regarding that milk...

Amey said...

Hoorah! congrats Bazu!
hip hip hoorah!
veg veg vegrah!

theONLYtania said...

Wooot! I voted for you.

aTxVegn said...

Yay!!!!!! You so deserve it, Bazu! It was so fun to be a part of this contest with you. You, our own little celeb!

Congratulations!

- Diann

meesh said...

Congrats! Chalk one up for the good guys. :)

Just catching up on your blog today. I've been without computer access all week. Oh, the horror! :p
I loved your post about Buy Nothing Day. What a teriific idea. Who wants to be trampled to death trying to get one of three computers on sale at Best Buy anyway?

village mama said...

Congratulations Bazu! Of course I would have voted for you, but I've been trying to avoid the computer, and focusing on some other creative stuff.

And thank you for the huge inspiration to 'consider' baking my first ever loaf of focaccia. Yours looked deelightful!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm dying to see pics of this terrific feast!!!

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

Totally Awesome! Congrats, BAZU!

Anonymous said...

im so happy for you! i feel like i win because i vote for you ! :) :)

Nikk said...

yay! That is fantastic!

Ben Kaelan said...

Congrats!! Sorry I was late.. but that's awesome! Let us know how go the negotiations ehehhe.

Candi said...

*cheers* YAY!!!!!! Congrats to you!!!

Susan Voisin said...

Congratulations! It's such a great promotion for veganism--and I see that they'll sub soymilk as the prize. Wonderful!