- Happy (belated) birthday to one of my best friends, Sharon, who is living in Paris and studying at the Sorbonne. It has been rough not being close enough to visit for a couple of years, but she is living her dream of studying and living in Paris.
Here is the gift I sent her (belatedly) a framed picture of us (along with another dear friend, Dorota) on the beach in Florida back in 2002. When I lived in Florida, Sharon and Dorota came to visit me. This is a good picture because both Sharon and I could probably use a little bit of Florida sunshine right now. (L to R: Bazu, Dorota, Sharon)
- Happy (belated) Halloween! Is it weird that we have become attached to our little Pumpkin? We've named him Timmy, and now that he has a face, Daiku and I can't stand the thought of eating him!
- Happy (belated) World Vegan Day! This is especially for all my friends in the blogosphere who make veganism a fun adventure filled with the best food!
- Good luck to our friend the Midwest Vegan. She is going through a big move, and we all know the stress that that can cause, so send her good vibes, everyone. She was kind enough to send me Alex Jamieson's book "The Great American Detox." Daiku and I are going to take the detox plunge sometime in the next month or two, and I'll let you all know how it goes. Thank you, Midwest Vegan!
- And finally, happy (sort of) recovery from diabetes to Bijou, our beloved almost 11 year-old kitty. She was diagnosed with diabetes 6 months ago, and after many visits to the vet and tests, much anguish (on the part of the humans and the cat), a new diet and twice-daily insulin injections, Bijou is showing signs that her condition is under control. She has gained back a pound or so, and can walk correctly again. (The diabetes caused a condition called "neuropathy" in her legs, which caused her to not be able to walk very well for a few months. This was actually the symptom that made us realize she was ill.)
If your cat:
loses a lot of weight
starts peeing more than usual
She might have feline diabetes, get her to a vet, quick! The quicker it's diagnosed, the less chance for complications.
Here are Bijou (sleeping in the background) and Marble (licking herself in the foreground).
Have a great week, everyone!