Ok, I've been tagged several times for these memes, and I feel like a very neglectful blogger for not acknowledging the lovely bloggers who have tagged me! Now that my teaching for the semester is over and I have turned my grades in, I have a lot more time to catch up in the blogging world.
The first meme, sent my way by SaraJane of Vegan.Chicks.Rock. is the one where I am to tell you 5 things about myself. These memes are really interesting, because I always have fun and interesting things floating around my head, but when pressed to reveal 5 things about myself, I draw a blank. I will try, though.
1. I will be turning 30 next year. I don't usually make a big deal of birthdays, but 30 does seem like a big milestone. I have come up with a "30 before 30" list of things I want to accomplish before then. You can see the list here. (Your comments are always welcome!)
2. As #1 demonstrates, I am a huge fan of lists and to-dos and goals set down on paper.
3. But I'm also a huge procrastinator, so not all of my lovingly-created lists get accomplished. My procrastination can make blogging particularly painful at times, when I realize that I took a photo of a wonderful meal months ago and never got around to blogging it!
4. I've learned to deal with feelings of blogging angst, though. I'm nearing the 2-year mark on this blog, and if I were to take myself too seriously or make it too hard on myself, I'd never have been able to hang around this long.
5. This idea of being calm and peaceful is going to come in really handy as Daiku and I scramble to finish out the semester and leave for almost the entire month of June- eep!
Ok, one meme down, 2 to go! The second one comes via Celine, a.k.a. the baking genius behind have cake, will travel! I'm supposed to list 6 words to describe myself:
1. Ok, I was going to say "Koreaphile" meaning one who is interested in Korean culture. But, thanks to Google, I see that this might get confused with "korephile" and so I'm not going to go there. Hmmmm. How about "kimchi-lover"?
Finally, I was overjoyed to receive this award from two blogs: Hezbollah Tofu and love like a vegan. To think that the brains behind these excellent blogs would say that this one ranks as "excellent" is very awesome, indeed. Now, what I'm supposed to do is pass this on to 2 blogs that are excellent. Well, this is where my request comes in. I feel that I've been a bit out of the blogging loop lately, especially as so many new vegan blogs are cropping up! So I want to use this as an opportunity to familiarize myself with some new blogs, especially now that I have a little more time for browsing them. So, do you know any excellent blogs that I might not have heard of yet? Or are you the owner of a blog that you think I would like? Please, leave me a comment and I promise to visit it! Hopefully this way, the "E for Excellent" award will serve as an impetus for me to find some new excellent blogs and keep my blogging mind fresh! Thanks in advance, everybody.