Saturday, October 03, 2009

one lucky duck- good, but insanely expensive




just a short and sweet mofo post/restaurant review today. while you're reading this, I'm heading to JFK airport and getting ready to leave the country!



While I was in New York City last April, my friend D. and I were walking around. It was a chilly day, so we decided to duck (no pun!) into a cozy little place to warm up. D. mentioned that she had seen a raw vegan place that she thought I might be interested in, One Lucky Duck. Well, I'd heard of them (Pure Food and Wine's little outpost), and I was intrigued.

So we ordered a pot of tea to share, and a piece of tiramisu to share. The bill came to over $23. That is stupid expensive! Good thing the tiramisu was good because... I'm never going back here again until a)I win the lottery b)I get a sugar daddy or c)I decide to quit paying my mortgage!

The next day I went back there and said I'd really liked their raw tiramisu, and I don't live near the restaurant, so would they be willing to share the recipe with me? The answer was "no, but you can buy our upcoming cookbook." PFFFFFT.




Share/Save/Bookmark

10 comments:

Sarah said...

So not surprised.

Anyway, one of the Cafe Gratitude books has a tiramisu recipe in it.

Mihl said...

23 $? bazu, I am sure you can come up with your own great recipe of raw tiramisu!
Have a safe flight to Europe!

Katie said...

Oooh, that looks beyond delicious. But, what a price tag. :/ I'm sure it wouldn't be that difficult to re-create!

Anonymous said...

Where are you headed? Have a fun and safe trip!

I *hate* places like that...overpriced and unwilling to help :-( No fair!

Courtney

Anonymous said...

That price is awful! I no it's New York and I know it's raw, but geeez!

Have fun with all the ppkers and be safe!

Trinity (of haiku tofu) said...

that tiramisu looks awesome. it might just be worth it to buy a lotto ticket? have fun on your trip!

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

I'm not shocked they didn't offer you the recipe, they got bills to pay! ha. I'm sure the cookbook version will be different.

christine said...

Looks good, but too pricey.

lacatella said...

borrow the cookbook from a library when it's available!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.