Tuesday, October 27, 2009

what was I eating this time last year...?




Just a flashback post from the archives tonight... If you remember, Daiku and I were living in England last Fall, and by the end of October, we'd established a pretty good food routine and were trying to eat like the locals.



Breakfast might be some delicious scones with margarine and jam.



Dinner might be sampling a vegan entrée from Sainsburys supermarket, such as the steak above, with some mashed potatoes with greens, and some local Kent apples on the side.



I even started making proper puddings! The one above was made with some stewed and spiced sour cherries, topped with Bird's custard (made with soya milk), and some crumbled ginger biscuits on top. I was proud of myself!



And tea. Lots of tea. Always tea. Long live tea.


Share/Save/Bookmark

5 comments:

nora said...

great british food post! amen on the tea!

Luciana said...

I'd eat all of that!!

the littlebear project said...

i want all of that right now

Tami said...

That proper pudding looks especially delicious!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

This is such a neat post. I never remember what I was eating 2 days ago even! :)