I like this idea, because it will keep me on my toes- perhaps by blogging every day, I can finally get to put down all those ideas that float around my brain all the time. All the aspects of vegan food- fun, friends, family, memory, comfort, invention, taste, health are fair game. What was my first vegan cookbook, my first vegan recipe, my first vegan restaurant? My first taste of tofu? (Can I even remember?) This month will be one of exploration centered on this topic.
I haven't had a chance to download any of my current NYC photos yet, so instead, I thought I'd use my first VeganMoFo post to talk about...
...this here big ol' foamy soy chai latte. It's such an elegant and comforting drink, but so easy to make at home. It's one of those concoctions where convenience items (store-bought soymilk, hand-held frothers, microwaves) come together to form a creation worth singing about. Sometimes, vegan food (well, drink) is just this easy:
- Step 1: Brew some chai tea, either from scratch or a teabag, to desired strength
- Step 2: Sweeten to taste, I like agave nectar
- Step 4: In a separate glass, pour some full-fat soymilk. (I find homemade or unsweetened soymilk does not work well, neither does rice milk or any nut milk that I have tried.) Microwave for 30 - 45 seconds, until hot but not boiling.
- Step 5: Using a hand-held frother (such as this), foam hot soymilk to desired consistency
- Step 6: Pour the foamed milk into sweetened brewed tea.
Go to Katie's blog for more ideas
And join the MoFo Flickr pool and post your photos