Monday, December 31, 2007

happy new year's eve!




Here's to a happy and healthy 2008 for all of you. May it be filled with love, laughter, friends, and loads of delicious food!

For my final post of 2007, I decided to go back through the last year and bring you my favorite posts from each month. These are the posts that were the funnest, most memorable, most commented-upon, or just plain the most delicious. I hope you enjoy them, and I can't wait for another year in vegan blogland with all of you!

xoxo

January: Friday Detox Food Round Up (Daiku and I followed this wonderful detox last January, and learned a lot from the experience. If you are planning on overhauling your diet and your environment in the new year, The Great American Detox Diet by Alex Jamieson ook is a great place to start)

February: Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder (while Daiku and I didn't get to spend Valentine's Day together, we did get to enjoy this healthy and romantic V-day meal. I have just two words for you: vegan ceviche!)

March: Thank You, Fellow Bloggers! (In this post, I showcased some recipes from your blogs- many of which have become all-time favorite menu staples - you guys have to try them too! Some of the best food we eat is inspired by you, fellow bloggers.)

April: I've FOUND it! (This post is among my favorites, because I remember the joy that went into it. Plus, vegan ice cream- can we ever really have enough?)

May: This Meal Took 2 Years To Make! (The funny and ridiculous story of our little lemon, the one that took two years to grow, and ended up in a yummy Moroccan-style dinner)

June: Farmer's Market Bounty (Even though I had lots of fun in June, visited a lot of places and experienced Puerto Rico for the first time, this post has a soft place in my heart. Every time I look at it, it reminds me of the exuberant joy of early summer- when the world and the market explode with color, energy, and promise. I can't wait to experience this feeling again!)

July: Take This Trend... and Eat It (The post about food trends. I think about this issue a lot, especially when some new food product is marketed as the latest and newest thing. Sometimes, the oldest, least trendy foods can be the best)

August: Follow Us as We Follow the Hudson River (This isn't just one of my favorite memories of August, it's one of my favorite memories of 2007. The day when Daiku and I left the sweltering heat of New York City and took the long and scenic way home to Syracuse, experiencing 10 hours of new sights, sounds, and foods along the way.)

September: The Sourdough Post (Was there any doubt? Getting the gift of a sourdough starter, and getting to bake delicious breads and other goodies is hands-down one of the best things that has happened to me this past year!)

October: Picking Apart Apple Picking (honoring Blog Action Day by celebrating the joys of local eating... and the self-satisfied idiocy of Slate Magazine)

November: Maxine's Mexican Casserole (it was difficult to pick my favorite VeganMoFo post, but this one would have to be it. Seeing Maxine's story, and thinking about all the animals in this world who undergo unimaginable suffering still makes me cry, and still inspires me)

What do you think? Did I pick the best posts? Do you have any favorite "Where's The Revolution" moments from 2007?...

Have a wonderful and safe New Year's Eve!


Share/Save/Bookmark

24 comments:

Vegan_Noodle said...

Oh there are too many memorable and awesome posts to remember!! I think I discovered your blog around March, and every post since then has kept me coming back for more. I think you definitely hit some of the highlights :-)
Looking forward to everything you'll show us in 2008! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Happy new year! Thank you so much for all of your posts--they were all amazing!

Courtney

MeloMeals said...

Happy New Year! It was fun to go back through your blog posts..

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Happy New Year, darling Bazu! I posted a cute photo of us on the PPK! :)

Dori said...

Nice recap of the year. I just purchased Dr Furhman's Eat To Live Book, but I had the detox diet on my mind also. I think there are many similarities between the two.

Happy New Yar to you and bazu also.

runswithdog said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, sourdough! Got some starter going now for a New Year's Day Dinner. I also loved the Hudson River post - it brought back many memories of the summer day we took the time to drive it.

The heck with 'Where's the Revolution'. Where's Bazu and Daiku and when the heck will they be back home!!!???!!!

Pink Theory said...

Happy New Year's to you and yours! As a late reader to your blog, I haven't seen many of your posts prior to the summer...I'm glad you posted these. That vegan ceviche looks soooooo good!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Bazu, you certainly DID pick the best posts - although I thoroughly enjoy ALL of your posts. here's to a healthy and happy new year in 2008!! :0)

JENNA said...

Thanks for the new year wishes..I hope the same for you and Daiku! I think you picked the best posts..i knew what each and everyone was just by your titles. I'll be back to posting in a few days! see ya then.

Jackie said...

Great review of the year.

Wishing you both a wonderful 2008.

TB said...

Happy New Year! I think I am going to check out that detox book ASAP...!

Theresa said...

Happy New Year, Bazu, it's been a great year of reading all your fabulous posts!

Jen said...

Happy New Year! It was fun to go back through some of these highlights. I'd like to nominate your tipsy post for getting the most giggles ;-)

Lori- the Pleasantly Plump Vegan said...

oh, yea fun! Happy New Year!!!

urban vegan said...

Great posts! I remember and loved them all--esp the sourdough post!


Happy, healthy, vegan-tastic new year to you, Daiku and the feline kidz.

XO
UV

Anonymous said...

Haapy New year!!!

Crystal said...

Great recap, Bazu!

Btw - did I mention I'm so jealous of your SoCal eats?!? Talk about YUM!

-Crystal

Rural Vegan said...

Happy New Year, Bazu. So pleased to have stumbled across your blog for the first time last fall!

Monika K said...

Thanks for the lovely note! Your dedication to blogging is certainly commendable and I must say that the Sourdough Post was one of my all time favorites - those loaves looked ridiculously good!

A very Happy New Year to you and Daiku!

Unknown said...

Happy New Year Bazu and Daiku. Not sure if I've ever commented on your blog before but I'm a dedicated reader. Having only found your blog this past fall it was great to look back at your highlights from earlier in the year. That lemon post is hilarious. I am inspired to buy a mini lemon and lime tree now even if it takes 2 years to get a single fruit! Looking forward to some more inspiring blog posts from you in 2008.

vko said...

Happy New Year Bazu & Daiku!

It's been so wonderful to meet you & read you. My favorite has to be the little lemon post- such a lovely little story with lessons to impart. Looking forward to more fun & inspiration from you for the new year!

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!

Unilove said...

Hi Bazu!

Great idea for the recap for the year. As Alec and others above have posted, my personal fav post of yours was the lil lemon post. Precious!

Have a safe trip home...

Unilove

Anna said...

I love the recap, Bazu, just as I love your blog. :) Hope 2008 is a fantastic year for you and Daiku.

Thanks so much for your kind comment too. Life is a little crazy around here with thesis and all, but I do hope to keep dropping by now and then over the new few months.