Friday, November 20, 2009

5 cookbooks in 5 days, 5: Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar




Whew- we have come to the final chapter of our 5 cookbook reviews in 5 days. I'm ending the series with a little book called Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar by Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero. Remember a little book about vegan cupcakes that came out a few years ago? And now we can't imagine a world without cupcakes? Well, it's time for cookies to get the same treatment. From the simple and old-fashioned, to the innovative, this book has tons and tons of recipes. There's even a section for wholesome cookies! I mean, come ON.


These have been all the talk with the kids these days- Mexican chocolate snickerdoodles. You think they'll be good. Then they turn out even better than that.


Lazy samoas. The Girl Scout recipe, simplified, veganized, and awesomerized.


Agave trailblazers- chock full of nuts and other goodies, but not too sweet.


And finally, these Irish Creme Kisses, delicious cookies that get a kick from just a hint of Irish whiskey. When I lived in the U.K., I may or may not have developed a thing for Irish whiskey...



And it may or may not have gotten a little out of hand...

Anyway... you can go here to get some sample recipes from the book- including the Mexican Snickerdoodles!

And, check out the other 4 cookbook reviews from this past week:
11/16 - 500 Vegan Recipes by Celine Steen and Joni Marie Newman
11/17 - The Urban Vegan by Dynise Balcavage
11/18 - Potluck Mania by Joanna Vaught
11/19 - The 100 Best Vegan Baking Recipes by Kris Holechek

Happy cooking and baking!


Share/Save/Bookmark

17 comments:

Trinity (of haiku tofu) said...

lovin' the whisky pics. i've made the mexican snickerdoodles before and yeah, they were amazing! I need to get my hands on that book.

TB said...

I have too many cookbooks and so have been resisting buying this one, but drat, this review just talked me into it! :)

megatarian said...

That last pic made me lol, then sent me into a coughing fit, which upset Sir Didymus who was sleeping across my arms. YOU SEE WHAT COOKIES WILL DO!?
MMm cookies..

This book is on my Christmas list.

Melanie said...

Nice!!! I cannot wait to get this book. I should just order it today.
oh, you boozehound!

KathyF said...

Hmmm....I wonder if you can make them with Scotch?

I already know that Scotch comes in handy for removing ticks.

Just in case you're ever stranded at Balmoral or somewhere and need to know this.

Carlota said...

hey bazu!
I'm not a cookie person..but I love Jameson..is the only whisky tha I drink..and is the best!
love the blog!

Tchau!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

There are so many great recipes in this book! I think I may have to bake cookies today.

julia TTC said...

These looks sooo yummy! I've been enjoying following your posts. Just went vegan and your blog has given me some great baking inspiration! Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

I made the Mexican Hot Chocolate Snickerdoodles, and the were the BEST cookies I have ever made, hands down! Can't wait to get the book!

Mihl said...

This one is on its way, too. Great reviews Bazu. You made my cookbook shelf feeling a bit heavy :)

No More Sad Geraniums said...

I just finally caved and bought this book! The irish creme were the ones to tip me over the edge. Jameson in cookies sounds like a wonderful idea...

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Hooray for Vegan Cookies!

urban vegan said...

Every time I go to buy this at Borders, it's sold out. Grrrrr!

Jackie said...

If it is half as good as their cupcakes I am sure the cookies are yummy.

LOL at you and Jameson. I haven't actually had it since I gave up Irish coffee's due to the cream on them. Now prefer a brandy coffee as tastes good black.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Emmy said...

Ok, that settles it, I have to make those snickerdoodles. They look fantastic.