Monday, August 24, 2009

you know what's awesome?




...when it's 3 or 4 in the morning and cold, and you're stumbling towards your friend's house after a night of drinking and dancing and having fun, and you realize you're hungry, and you go to a corner burger joint, the only place that's open as far as the eyes can see, and you see several tempting veggie options such as veggie burgers or bean burgers on the menu.

The above photo was taken last autumn, sometime late at night, somewhere in South London. England, and Europe in general, seemed more advanced in the ways of vegan junk/fast food than what I see back home in the U.S. Good times!


Share/Save/Bookmark

11 comments:

Mihl said...

Every time something like that happens to me I stumble into a döner booth to have a falafel, lol.
And yesterday the bf and I had a vegan hot dog and a burger. Yay for vegan fast food.

KathyF said...

I was gonna say, that looks like a UK veggie burger, made with mashed potatoes and quite mushy. Terrible, imo.

You guys have Burger King, which offers veggie burgers that are pretty good.

But we have Cornwall Pasty Shops, which offer vegan pasties. Yumm!

Amey said...

wow! how exciting. it would be so cool if we had that here. I used to get the veggie burger at Burger King on long road trips or whatever... until they started using a burger that was no longer vegan. What a party pooper!

No More Sad Geraniums said...

I agree with Mihl, late night falafel is the best in Germany. But now the late night snack craving has been replaced with College Town Bagel. Uh oh. That's what I get for moving to a veg friendly town, I suppose... :)

L said...

I think Italy it's the only western European country where vegan food is pretty hard to find.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

As much as I try to be healthy, when I see things like this I just feel like I need it RIGHT now. Yum yum yum. Grossy greasy not so awesome for your health deliciousness. I'll take some of that.

urban vegan said...

And the prices seem better, too!

Scott at Real Epicurean said...

The world's only foodie who confesses to going into a burger bar ;)

Carrie™ said...

I'll take a combo #9 to go. *sigh* I wish something like that was available here.

Lauren M said...

Oh, I dream of such a world. My DH keeps saying we should go there, to live. Things like this could help convince me!