Sunday, August 09, 2009

3rd blog birthday! (I can't believe I blogged the whole thing!)




Can you believe this blog has been chugging along for 3 years? Even though I haven't been blogging as often as I used to, I definitely am not ready to quit, and I promise many more posts in the future.


Some fun facts about this blog:
  • When it began, this was a team blog! Even though Daiku doesn't officially blog any more, his ideas (and fabulous cooking!) are still there, and I'm grateful for his help.
  • I've kept the same avatar, a tomato-face with carrot nose, radish eyes, and scallion mouth, the entire time. The produce was from a garden Daiku and I grew in Old Field, Long Island, in 2000
  • Our names aren't actually bazu and daiku! But those are our real-life nicknames. Our real names (drum roll please...) are Bahar and Michael. Nice to meet you!
  • I never thought that blogging would lead to meeting such fabulous people (virtually and in real life) - you guys have enriched my life, and I look forward to more friendships!
  • I don't do bloglines or google reader or anything yet. I know, I know, I should start. My link list is really outdated.
  • I didn't think to post my email address to the blog until about a year and a half in! What was I thinking??
  • I have blogged from different cities and even countries, but have found that I'm best when I'm at home- hence the sometimes long delays of my travel posts
  • I have never been able to decide between the taglines "the revolution will be veganized" "green is the new red" or "live green, eat vegan". Help!


Now it's your turn- do you have any questions about us or this blog? Leave a comment with your question and I will answer all of them, to the best of my ability, in the next post. Thanks for reading! VEGANZ 4EVER!!!!!

p.s. follow me on Twitter and Veggie Thing! xo



Share/Save/Bookmark

29 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY!!!!

No More Sad Geraniums said...

yay for 3 years! You still have followers even if you don't update as much as you ought to...
PS. I LOVE the blueberry red current picture. Red currents are awesome, but I've never seen them in the US, only Germany.

Invictus said...

Answer: The revolution will be veganized.

I don't have a question, though.

Ryan said...

Congrats! I'm proud to count you as one of the few non-local veg-bloggers that I've met in person.

Keep up the good work and let me know when you're back in town again so we can hit up the Burmese restaurant again.

aTxVegn said...

Congratulations on 3 years! Silly me, I always thought your avatar was a pumpkin head.

panda with cookie said...

Question! Why are you so awesome?
Also! Will you send me biscuits?

Happy blog birthday. You were one of the first vegan blogs I found and you and get sconed and a couple more got me into vegan cookery.

Amey said...

the revolution will be veganized.

my question: when are you coming to Santa Cruz!? :)

Amey said...

also, congrats on 3 years... that's really cool. As you know, yours was one of my very first favorite vegan blogs. I wonder how long I've been blogging... I'm gonna go check...

OH MY GOD

AUGUST 9th, 2006!!!!!!
BAZU!!!!
we have the same blog-birthday!?!?

That is cool.
thanks for making me check. It all feels very auspicious.

smoothie said...

your blog is growing up! how are you celebrating?

i have many questions, but not many appropriate for this audience..

Tami said...

Congratulations on 3 years! Time flies, huh?

Carrie™ said...

3 Years and still going strong! Woot! I've enjoyed following along with you this whole time. I don't always comment, but I do always read. I've been slow between my own posts lately, but hope to rectify that. If you ever get to Ontario or I get to Syracuse, we have to meet up. After all, I'm your enabler ;o)
I'm not sure what "veggie thing" is, so I'm going to check it out.
Happy Anniversary Bazu!!

vegan.in.brighton said...

3 years *yay* well done! I have a question...you've never blogged about Portland? is it because you've never been there? If that's the case we should go there!

Rachel said...

Happy Blogiversary! Your posts are great - I especially loved the Ode to Wacky Cake. Mmmm cherry chocolate wackiness

Crystal said...

Yay! 3 years! I always forget to celebrate my blogging anniversary, so I guess I'll wait until next year...again ;)

I have wondered if Bazu was your real name and now I know. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! 3 Years is a LONG time to be blogging :-)

Thank you for all of your posts and blogs and recipes...I can imagine it must be a little annoying to photograph your food and time consuming to write about it, but it is SO appreciated!

Courtney

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Happy Bloggiversary, dear Bazu!
My question? When will we meetup again?

Jackie said...

Congrats Bazu on your 3rd Anniversary, may you continue for many years to come :)

Mihl said...

Happy Anniversary! I have always loved your blog and I am glad that I had the chance to meet you. Here's to many more years.

urban vegan said...

Congrats to you. I've always loved your blog and your point of view. XO

Vaala ◪ said...

Wow! 3 years! Impressive :)

I've always loved your blog, just not commented very often. I should change that...

Anonymous said...

congrats on the 3 year blogiversary!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Happy blogiversary!

~ Kelly

Theresa said...

Happy birthday, Where's the Revolution! I am pretty sure I've been reading you from the beginning... I remember when daiku used to post!

Mona said...

Cool. :)

I can't really tell from the second picture, but do you have an orbital?

bazu said...

Hi Mona,

I do indeed have an orbital in my right ear, although I'm not wearing anything in it at the moment!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.