Saturday, October 04, 2008

Welsh mofo-ing



Bazu at a service stop outside Swansea

Day 3: Somewhere outside Swansea, Wales

I feel so bad that I missed my mofo post for last night! Daiku and I are traveling through Wales this weekend and I didn't manage to find any internet access last night. However I just wanted to pop in very quickly and say that Wales is beautiful, and very veg. friendly. Our hosts in Cardiff last night asked if either of us were vegetarian or vegan and made sure to take us to a restaurant with plenty of options for me. Today, we are traveling to the coast, and the people we are staying with tonight used to own a vegan cafe! I'm sure I'll have lots of fun things to report.

Speaking of hospitality...



Here's an impromptu picnic we had at a friend's house in London. Notice how the entire picnic, save for a couple of blocks of cheese, is vegan: rye crackers, french bread, corn chips, veggies, 2 kinds of hummus (chili and plain), olives, salad with rocket, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, cucumbers, and corn, and even vegan salad dressing and margarine. This was so yummy, and I was so grateful to the host for skewing the entire thing in my direction!

More about Wales, soon to come.


Share/Save/Bookmark

8 comments:

B.A.D. said...

Chili hummus?! Count me in.

Paula said...

I visited Wales with my parents when I was 13 and I loved it so much! Welsh accents and language are great and everyone was SO SO nice!

I also cannot express how jealous I am that you get to eat cheezly all the time. I can't even express how much I love cheezly.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

What a fun picnic!!

the little one said...

That hat is soooooooo great! Glad to hear folks are being so nice.

Anonymous said...

I love the hat too, and your eyes are gorgeous! Have fun traveling around; the UK is an amazing place, isn't it?

allularpunk said...

cool! my mom went to wales this summer for a week or so. she told me amazing stories of mysterious places and soups made with bounties of leeks. i couldn't decide which i was more excited about.

Anonymous said...

I love a picnic - what fun. I especially would love one in London!

Liz said...

The traveling sounds fun, as does all the great food..But what I really envy is that hat!