- Meeting lots of cool people, laughing, and having great conversation
- 2 of the people I met, finally! Trac and Bridget, fellow Syracuse bloggers
- Great food! I only got a few dark blurry shots, but here are some of the highlights:
Marble cupcakes by Trac-these disappeared in a flash
A fantastic pasta with beans and sausage
Borscht with sour cream- mmmm!
Simple sauteed bok choi- super mmmm.
We took the pumpkin-oatmeal cookies from Vegan with a Vengeance. These are great for potlucks, because you can make them in advance and they only improve with time.
Some other food I wish I'd photographed:
- peanut butter cookies
- fruit salad
- banana bread
- "chicken" patties
- vegetable soup
- breads of all kinds
- angel hair pasta with garlic and olive oil
- salads galore
- stuffed grape leaves with yogurt sauce
- fantastic homemade hummus
- cherry pineapple cake
- chocolate Tofutti Cuties
- a lot more!
Speaking of cool vegan events...
SARAH KRAMER FANS: You have 2 chances to meet Sarah Kramer, vegan chef extraordinaire (author of La Dolce Vegan and other cookbooks)
In New York City:
Saturday, February 17
3pm, MooShoes, 152 Allen Street
Take the F train to 2nd Avenue
Click here for more information
Call 866-59-VEGAN (Toll Free) for more information.
Tues Feb 20th
Syracuse University Hall of Languages
Room 500 for
The Committee on Women and Art and SARO. The demo starts at 7pm sharp so don't be late.