Thursday, January 08, 2009
Happy new year, everyone! Where have I been? I don't know! I've been present on the internet, but for some reason I've had a weird mental block that's kept me from blogging. I miss you guys. I've realized that I'm not an effective blogger when I'm not home and well, the last 5 months were spent away from my house. But as of late last night, I am back in Syracuse. I have so much to catch up on! Thinking about it too much would just paralyze me, so instead, I'll ease into things by filling out a survey that I found on the Raw Vegan Princess blog. I tag all of you to fill it out too, if you haven't already done!
1) LAST MOVIE YOU SAW IN A THEATRE? It's been a long time for me, since I've been out of the country until recently. I think the last movie I saw was I am Legend at the $1 theater.
2) WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING? I just finished Secret Lives of Great Authors, and A Thousand Splendid Suns. Fun holiday reading. I'm also reading Surreal Lives, but I don't like talking about school work...
3) FAVOURITE BOARD GAME? I love the Word Game, because it is really challenging. But I'm a huge fan of any board game, really. I'm nerdy like that. If you have any recommendations, I'd love to hear them!
4) FAVOURITE MAGAZINE? Right now I'm in a design mood, having missed my house for the last few months, so anything about design is good. But sometimes the commercial-y consumer-y nature of magazines turns me off, and at those times nothing beats Adbusters.
5) FAVOURITE SMELLS? Right now, rose, gardenia, anise, and musk.
6) FAVOURITE SOUNDS? Sounds irritate me easily, so I'm going to have to say silence is my favorite sound.
7) WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD? Helplessness, and also when you say or do something that you immediately wish you hadn't.
8 ) WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE? Tea! Well, first, Feed The Cats! Then, tea!
9) FAVOURITE FAST FOOD PLACE? I love Panera. On long road trips, that and Subway keep me alive. In regular life, I love the Italian Chef here in Syracuse.
10) FUTURE CHILD’S NAME? Top Secret!
11) FINISH THIS STATEMENT—IF I HAD A LOT OF MONEY I’D… endow a human rights and an animal rights chair at some school or another, donate to charities like there's no tomorrow, travel, give gifts to friends and family.
12) DO YOU DRIVE FAST? No, I drive like a little old granny.
13) DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL? Nope. My stuffed animals live in the guest room.
14) STORMS–COOL OR SCARY? cool. especially if you're inside and protected. ooooh, especially summer storms here in the east.
15) WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? a hand-me-down 1988 Toyota Camry bought from my parents. I loved that old clunker.
16) FAVOURITE DRINK? Tea (hot), mango juice (cold), sparking wine (alcoholic), lightly fizzy mineral water (water).
17) FINISH THIS STATEMENT - IF I HAD THE TIME I WOULD… overhaul this blog, and get to all the organizational projects around the house (files, photos, etc.)
18 ) DO YOU EAT THE STEMS ON BROCCOLI? Yes, absolutely.
19) IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY OTHER COLOUR, WHAT WOULD BE YOUR CHOICE? Something wild. Maybe multi-colored dreads- wouldn't that be cool?
20) NAME ALL THE DIFFERENT CITIES/TOWNS U HAVE LIVED IN? Tehran (Iran), Esfehan (Iran), Los Angeles (CA), Santa Clara (CA), Cupertino (CA), New Hyde Park (NY), East Setauket (NY), New York City (Manhattan), New York City (Queens), Winter Park (FL), Irvine (CA), Syracuse (NY), Canterbury (England). Whew!
21) FAVOURITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Football, but only during the World Cup.
22) ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? She didn't send it to me, but Freedom is one of the most passionate and compassionate people I can think of. I love reading her blog and being inspired.
23) WHATS UNDER YOUR BED? Nothing other than dust bunnies right now.
24) WOULD U LIKE TO BE BORN AS YOURSELF AGAIN? I'm sorry, I'm a bit of a nihilist, so I don't care if I would be born again or not. If I had to be, though, yeah myself would be cool.
25) MORNING PERSON OR NIGHT OWL? Morning person. Living with a night owl.
26) OVER EASY OR SUNNY SIDE UP? No! NOOOOOOO!
27) FAVOURITE PLACE TO RELAX? In the summer, in the hammock in the backyard, in the winter, under a cozy blanket anywhere.
28 ) FAVOURITE PIE? Mince. England kicks America's ass in this category.
29) FAVOURITE ICECREAM FLAVOUR? Coconut milk chocolate. So ridiculously luxurious.
30) OF ALL THE PEOPLE YOU HAVE TAGGED, WHO IS THE MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND FIRST? I'm not tagging anyone, but I hope there are some readers out there left!